Swim Instructor - Entry Level, Paid Training
Company: Goldfish Swim School - Centereach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun?
Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and
make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We're a rapidly
growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical
Paid training, set shifts, no late nights, AND pay rate up to
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip
flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and
reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social
events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect
for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working
late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school,
advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay *Hourly Pay Scale - earn up to $18/hour base upon
weekly hour commitment
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referralsRequirements:
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)Job
Title: Swim Instructor
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim
techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents.
Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students' progress, and completes required paperwork
in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and
development of students' swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS "ambassador" to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify
and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible
maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to
management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment.
Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes
required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck
mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training
outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the
Employer.Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is
preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports
instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider
required. Two or more years as a swimming instructor required.
Swimming experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid
certification required. Shallow water attendant highly
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually
moderate.Each Goldfish Swim School is an independently owned and
operated franchise. The respective Franchisee is the employer at
each Goldfish Swim School location. Each franchisee can set their
own wages, benefit programs and terms and conditions of employment,
which may vary at each Goldfish Swim School location.
Keywords: Goldfish Swim School - Centereach, Westport , Swim Instructor - Entry Level, Paid Training, Education / Teaching , Centereach, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!