Web & Media Designer
Company: SARTORIUS STED BIO
Posted on: November 12, 2021
We are looking for a Web & Media Designer for our bioprocessing
business based at our headquarters in Bohemia, NY (Long Island) to
create exceptional marketing materials in the biotechnology
industry. You will assist in creating assets including, digital,
web and print working with campaign managers, content strategists
and project managers to ensure that designs are on-message,
compliant with our branding and style guidelines and follow
marketing best practices. To be successful you will need to have
experience in all facets of Marketing & Communications functions
and have exceptional technical knowledge of design programs,
specifically the Adobe Creative Suite, and show strong UX design
skills. You will be organized and a great communicator with a
talent for working under pressure. What you will accomplish
together with us
- Create layouts and develop graphics for a variety of materials,
including brochures, catalogs, technical documents, infographics,
email headers, social media graphics, PowerPoint, digital banners,
print and digital advertisements, media assets and editing for the
website and other projects as needed. (Experience with interactive
designs and animated banners is a plus).
- Webpage layout and design with our CMS platform in support of
marketing campaigns & product launches with a focus on usability
- Occasional support for the design of both print and digital
materials that comply with internal best practices, support the
company's marketing plans, reflect corporate core messaging and
adhere to branding guidelines.
- Bring innovation, creativity and freshness to our marketing
while staying on top of trends in the industry.
- Work with external agencies and vendors to establish quotes,
production schedules, and delivery of materials
- Use our project management system to effectively manage work
from start to finish.
- Use our digital asset management system to access, organize and
update media deliverables.
- Work under limited supervision, taking ownership of assignments
and any issues within own area of knowledge.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment; participate in
project planning sessions with team members and key
- Regularly communicate with business stakeholders to exchange
information, understand requirements and solve problems.
- Meet intense and changing deadlines, manage multiple projects,
balance shifting priorities and focus on solutions to improve
quality and efficiency as projects progress.
- Help set up and improve workflow processes when and where
- Monitor and report project expenses and process invoices with
accounts payable with adherence to a Marketing Communications
- Foster best practices and collaboration between countries by
sharing and internal communication with department counterparts.
What will convince us
- BA or BFA degree in design, art or related field, or
commensurate work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in professional design,
preferably in a business-to-business environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite in a Windows
computing environment, including InDesign (exceptional skills in
both print and interactive document production), Photoshop,
Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated proficiency in UX design with fluency in HTML and
extensive experience working in CMS environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to handle
copy changes with accuracy, control versions carefully, and ensure
files are archived accurately and promptly.
- Proven understanding of print layout, including master pages,
layers, tables, export settings, press requirements, style sheets,
fonts, color profiles/palettes, pagination, graphic manipulation,
- High level of personal initiative, accountability and
- Some basic understanding of cell biology and bioscience
concepts is preferred.
- You will be expected to provide a portfolio of work for
- As a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, we
require all of our employees to be vaccinated as a condition of
employment, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons
related to a disability or for religion. If you will require an
accommodation, we will discuss this with you should an offer of
employment be extended to you.
- Identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness,
Enjoyment What we offer Sartorius' ambition is to simplify progress
in the bio-pharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific
findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. Nearly
10,000 employees at more than 60 sites are working together on
achieving our goal: Better health for more people. And together, we
have grown strongly over the past years. Enjoy the advantages of
working with a global player:
- Opportunity for international career development: a global
network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager
- Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within
teams and working as equals, team spirit and international
- Intelligent working environment: working in smart buildings
with the latest technology and equipment
- Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue
approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team
to approximately 15,000 people in 2025. All qualified applicants
will be considered for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity
employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP
here. E-Verify Participation Info E-Verify Workers Rights We look
forward to receiving your application. www.sartorius.com/career
Sartorius is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
disability status. All employment decisions are based on valid
job-related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable
accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can
request reasonable accommodation by calling +1 631 254 4249 ext
8330 or via e-mail at email@example.com We look
for employees who would like to grow with us and move the
innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus
on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as
equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their
very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and
professionally. Further insights into our world of work can be
Keywords: SARTORIUS STED BIO, Westport , Web & Media Designer, Advertising , Bohemia, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!